Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Song, A Race, An Update, and Something Interesting

First a song....
 
 
Now a race....
 

My husband, one of my besties, and her nephew ran the Monument Ave 10k this morning. This is a huge race in downtown Richmond, VA. Huge like 40,000 runners registered and is the 3rd largest 10k in the country. Hubby surprised me by opting to run with my friend. He had planned to run it for fun so he figured he'd tag along with them for some company. I am so proud of Angelia. When I saw them on the course I was screaming and I was so excited my knees were weak. However, they were doing their thing and because of the size of the race they missed me completely. That's what I get for standing at mile 6 as they started the sprint to the finish.


We had the most awesome rainbow unicorn poster! Angelia actually made it for me for the marathon. I up-cycled it with her name and race. I think it's a keeper and will keep reappearing in various places! Life should be all about rainbows and unicorns!!

An update.....

Remember back in March the Lupus Foundation of America announced if they raised $25,000 by the end of the month an individual would match that amount? Well, more than made it! They received enough donations to match that goal and then some! Yeah!!

 
Something Interesting....

Finally, I found this on the Internet....


(That is Julian Lennon, John Lennon's eldest son.)
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment