Saturday, November 24, 2012

What is this about??

On the last day of June I signed up for a March marathon. The price was going to increase the next day. March seemed so far away. I really didn't think it out very well. Then we left for a long vacation of driving across the country. I stopped running. Sitting in the car aggravated an old hip injury. When we came home 6 weeks later I started training for a November 1/2 marathon. That was 2 weeks ago. It didn't go well. Now I must make a decision about the March marathon.
 Defer? Drop to the half? Chuck the whole running thing all together?
 
Yesterday, I noticed my sister had "liked" the Lupus Foundation of America page on Facebook. I "liked" it too. That lead me to this guy. He's set up a website, facebook page, and as of last weekend had run his first marathon and raised well over a thousand dollars for the Lupus Foundation of America and more funds for a UK organization for lupus research.
 
 
Check out  runningforlupus site.
 
Today I finished an easy 4 miles. It went well. I am inspired. I want to raise money for Lupus research too.
Why?
My 16 year old niece was diagnosed with Lupus last spring. She is learning to live with Lupus. We are learning how to support her. This is one way to do that.
 
This blog will document my journey of training for the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on March 17, 2013. I hope it inspires you to help me raise funds for better treatment of Lupus and ultimately a cure.
It's only 111 days away!

All donations will go directly to the Lupus Foundation of America. thanks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment