Monday, January 28, 2013

My Kids Run a Marathon

The day before my marathon is a kids race called the Final Mile. The kids run/walk 25.2 miles before that day (one mile at a time, usually one mile a day.) Then they run the Final Mile of their marathon on the last mile of the marathon course, finishing at the marathon finish.
 
My kids have started recording their mileage. Their marathon has begun! They have two miles completed. As typical of our weather here, we've had extremes today. We started with sleet this morning. This afternoon it's blue skies. We stopped at the park during our mile this afternoon for a "break." The break involved a game of tag and up and down the slides.
 
 
May 2012, after the Ogden Newspaper mile race. My son ran just over a 9 minuet mile on the downhill course!  


Donation to Lupus Foundation

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea for the kiddos! You should be so proud of your little ones.

    The weather here in Wisconsin is extreme as well. Yesterday we had freezing rain leaving a sheet of ice on everything. Today it's 50 degrees and raining, tomorrow we are getting 4-6 inches of snow. Thank goodness for the treadmill at the gym (I can't believe I said that)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine doing most of my training on a treadmill. You are going to be so mentally strong for your race! If you can treamill train... you can do ANYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete