Monday, January 14, 2013

Supported

I sat on the interstate this morning in traffic. Sat there not moving. Then I followed the GPS directions out of my way to avoid what ever was holding things up.

I arrived to work late.

The homeowner thought her 2 day job would take one day. The pressure was on.

It was raining. I am an interior painter. Paint doesn't dry well in 100% humidity.

I was parked in by the homeowner... left work late, got turned around in her 'hood, REALLY headed home late. On the way I realized I would not make it home before the school bus. My kids don't have a key and would FREAK out if I wasn't there.  With a sick feeling in my tummy I called the school and had the kids pulled off the bus and held in the office.

It was raining harder.

Retrieved kids and headed home.

When I got home and checked my email I had a message from my "practical" friend. (She describes herself this way.) She was offering to buy Body Glide for me as a way to support me with my race.

MADE MY DAY!!!!!

Her email was simply perfect!!!!

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Donate to the Lupus Foundation




1 comment: