Friday, January 18, 2013

The Mystery of Amergin

I am the wind which breathes upon the sea,
I am the wave of the ocean,
I am the murmur of the billows,
I am the ox of the seven combats,
I am the vulture upon the rocks,
I am a beam of the sun,
I am the fairest of plants,
I am a wild boar in valour,
I am a salmon in the water,
I am a lake in the plain,
I am a word of science,
I am the point of the lance in battle,
I am the God who creates in the head the fire.
Who is it who throws light into the meeting on the mountain?
Who announces the ages of the moon?
Who teaches the place where couches the sun?

(If not I?)

(A Celtic Poem)


The above poem has nothing really to do with running. Parts were written on the ceiling of an Irish pub in the city where my work held it's Christmas party tonight. (Our Christmas party was rescheduled due to one owner throwing out her back and the second owner having the flu in December.)

I am the wave of the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment