Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Long Run

My long run this weekend was scheduled for 15 miles. I think I fell a little short of that. About halfway my Garmin's battery died. A logical person may have turned around and simply back-tracked to follow the correct mileage for the second half. However, I was avoiding a repeat passing of a dog with a squarish head and strong looking back legs leading a very small woman. OK, the dog was probably like this one. Seeing that it was lunging at me, I didn't care what breed it was. I avoided it.

I also did some weird zig-zaging back and forth early in my run while I waited for two trains to pass. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to remember what I had done there exactly. I think I get extra points for train wind resistance.

I switched to timed running and sort of went by how long I had expected it to take. I know I was slowing down though. It HURT! I kept thinking about the kid in the clip I posted yesterday. I kept thinking of him saying "It HURT!! Not cool Robert Frost!" 

Like the kid in the video I am on the path to awesome! My headband says, "This isn't sweat; it's liquid awesome!" My awesome friend, Angelia, got it for me. My ears were warm on my run. My daughter took this pic when I started out. I'm throwing up the Lupus awareness hand sign.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my run. At one point I texted with a friend, Jill. We were trying to figure out a distance I was skipping (the dog route.) She suggested that I check what I did on MapMyRun.com. I may do that. When I got home people here expected me to behave like the MOM and feed them. (The DAD is sick.) I haven't spent the time checking that website yet. My legs feel like "long run fatigued" so I might just go with that.

In other weekend news... (because MY mom reads this and she is interested...)

Friday night we braved the 1/2 inch snow storm by driving to the west end to see "The Magic Flute" at the children's theater. There were about 30 people in the audience at a 200+ seating venue. It felt like a private show. It was a very good performance. The kids are still singing some of the songs.


Saturday we did our weekly chores and errands. The kids and I did a 1 mile walk/run and I did cross training at the gym. I met a friend at the local coffee/tea place for tea, chocolate cake, and conversation.

Saturday morning
 
Today has been church, long run, and hanging out. Hubby isn't feeling well and he's slept as much as he can. The kids have a day off of school tomorrow, so we will be hanging out here again. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Way to hang in there for the long run! You never know what kind of things are going to happen during the marathon so it was good that you were able to adapt and not stress out about it too much. Hope the hubby feels better!

    ReplyDelete