Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Break


 
Today was the last day of school and tomorrow winter break starts for my kids. That means I'm not working at my part time job for the next few weeks either. I have some big projects around the house planned... like painting some bedrooms. We will also enjoy some family visits over the break. My kids have things they want to do too. They want to bake cookies RIGHT NOW!!
 
This morning I think I turned off the alarm in my sleep. I woke when I heard hubby up and about. I snoozed in bed until the eldest child snuggled in with me and suggested we get up and get moving. Glad one of us had her act together this morning.
 
This evening I'm heading out to finish up Christmas shopping and hang with one of my besties! It's always a fun and usually memorable time with her!
 
In theory, the next couple of weeks should be more relaxed and less scheduled. However, I think it will be easy, like today, to let the day go by without working out. I need to establish a holiday break routine quickly and stick to it!
 
 
 
Routine is a ground to stand on, a wall to retreat to; we cannot draw on our boots without bracing ourselves against it. - Henry David Thoreau 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment