Monday, December 24, 2012

Jingle Bells, Naughty Elves, and Tacky Sweaters


 
 
 
My parents made it over the river and through the woods yesterday. They had more snow at their house than in the mountains.  Their arrival meant that we had childcare and hubby and I could both run the annual, unofficial Jingle Bell, Naughty Elves, and Tacky Sweater Christmas Eve morning Fun Run. This is a low-key, fun, easy run some friends started years ago.  This is the first time I've participated.
 
 
Hubby might have thought I looked ridiculous before we left the house, but trust me... I fit in. I'm hoping a friend will email more pics and then I'll add them later.
 
I came in Dead Last. I also didn't care and discovered... as I had suspected... I don't have a competitive bone in my body. I ran with my husband and with my friend that I trained for my first half with. I haven't run with her in a long time and I loved that she stayed with me. I'll remember running with them long after the Dead Last finish. Besides... it was a FUN RUN, not a race!
 
 Updated with Pictures!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment