Saturday, December 8, 2012

Imagine.

One huge reason for going SO PUBLIC with this training thing is for accountability. So the truth is that I was not all that great toward the end of the week. Thursday I had 5 miles on the schedule that didn't get done. I don't have any good reasons for that, just lame excuses. (The fact that because hubby was sick and sleeping in the spare bedroom and you have the bed ALL TO YOURSELF is NOT a reason not to get out of the bed. No matter how big and comfy it feels with one person in it!)
 
Friday I completed 2 miles on the treadmill in the wee morning hours. I thought I might be able to get the other 3 done later in the day, but it didn't happen. I'm not even going to feel bad about that for one single split second. Friday was a fabulous day and I wouldn't change it for 3 miles or really anything else in the world.
 
Letting go of the 5 miles that didn't happen, I moved on to today's scheduled 8 miles.
Best 8 mile training run I've ever had.
I generally have trouble with the number 8. There was the horrific 8 miles attempted after eating a Big Mac. Seriously, what idiot person thinks Big Macs are a good thing ANY time. They are never, ever good before running anywhere. There was also the 8 miler and the lizard that wasn't. Otherwise known as a hallucination or Renee's first hot/humid run last spring.
Today's 8 miles was the best solo run I've ever had. I looked forward to the time alone. The outside temperature was exactly in the range I like for running. (No lizards out and about!) I was emotionally at the perfect balance of needing to let out some emotional responses in the very healthy way of physical exertion and being at peace inside myself. At times I forgot I was running. When I would "check" in on my breathing it was as it should be, from my core and not overly labored. My legs were strong. I'm still doing the run/walk program because after long runs my right hip does feel noticeably more sore than the left side, but no pain, just sore. Today I increased the running time and that felt better than what I was doing previously. That is an emotional positive bump too!      
 
 
 
 
Happy Birthday today to John Lennon.
 

"You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one"
- John Lennon


Yes, I'm a dreamer too.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment