Friday, December 21, 2012

I Feel Fine

 
 
I woke up this morning at 6:32 am and told my husband that the world was supposed to end in 3 minuets. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep. Hubby... nearly died laughing (or I nearly killed him) a few minuets later when he started shaking the entire bed saying "it's the end!" Yes, I shot straight up into a sitting position on the bed! It's funny now. It wasn't then.

REM's "It's the End of the World As We Know It" has been stuck in my head on and off for the last two weeks. I'm sure that song is an indicator of my age.
 
Those Mayans are an interesting bunch, aren't they? I'm sure they never imagined every middle school student with Internet would be convinced of the end of the world. Well, I'm sure they didn't imagine Internet either! Ha!
 
I hope that the people I love know that I love them. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!  So, I'm good. Frankly, I think my personal end could be any day that I drive on Interstate 95 (hello, merge to the Boulevard exit!)

I'm more thrilled to celebrate Winter Solstice! WooHoo! More daylight after today! That is something to get excited about!
 
I do know that I have 6 miles scheduled for tomorrow. End or not, I'm planning on that.
 
"It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine." - REM
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today! Good thing the world didn't end or I wouldn't have made it here. :) So excited to see that you are running the marathon on Va Beach. My best friend and I are driving all the way from Wisconsin to do the marathon (she's doing the half). I will follow you in hopes you keep me motivated to train for a marathon when here in Wisconsin it is 20 degrees and we just had a blizzard! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules, welcome! Please comment often so we can keep each other motivated... I need all the help and support I can get! Blizzard training! That sounds harsh... we rarely get snow here. I picked a spring marathon so that I wouldn't have to train through the summer heat. The summer is worse than winter for training.

      Delete
  2. My husband wanted to play a similar trick on our son. I told him no way! That poor child would seriously think his life was about to end!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is still laughing when he thinks about it. He said it was a much better way to get me awake than the alarm (I tend to hit the snooze button a lot!)

      Delete