Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unexpected Surprises

 
The secret to my completing weekday workouts on a consistent basis is going to rely on organization on the weekends and adequate sleep. I need to accomplish as much as I can to set us up for weekday success ahead of time. I was partly successful at this last weekend. The laundry was washed and I supervised the kids in picking out outfits for the entire week. That is huge  help in getting them up and dressed without too much fuss from them.  No looking for a favorite shirt in the last moment. I've also had lunches packed the night before. Again, that buys time for a quick shower between the gym and breakfast.
 A+ grade for me in these two areas.
 
 Sadly, this is my more organized child's outfits for the week.
 
I will admit to failing in menu planning and grocery shopping over the weekend. That required a grocery trip last night to make it throught the rest of the week. I left the dinner dishes in the sink and headed out. I was unexpectedly surprised to find hubby doing the dishes when I came home! Yippee! He CAN do the dishes, and does do them sometimes on the weekend. He makes it a real job with organizing, then soaking them for 20 min. (We have a dishwasher!) He makes it a HUGE job, so he rarely does them during the week.
 
So grateful for that surprise!
 
Now for adequate sleep. Who wants to go to bed Sunday evening? Not me. That's the end of the weekend. So, I confess to staying up a bit late. Two days later it has caught up with me. I must have hit the snooze button in my sleep. When I woke to my alarm I was already 10 min behind schedule. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Hubby either tried to nudge me out of bed, or he thought I'd left and bumped into me. I wasn't conscious enough to tell the difference. I stayed in bed until my daughter climbed in with me... fully dressed for school.
To make up for not making it to the gym this morning I could either switch tomorrow's rest day to today or put the kids in childwatch at the gym this afternoon. They don't like doing that.

Then, surprise!
We finished the work job early and I made it home in time to get today's scheduled 3 miles done before the bus arrived! What a great surprise!

Who does the dishes at your house?
What is your bedtime?

Lupus Foundation of America

 "To be prepared is half the victory."
- Miguel De Cervantes

 
 


1 comment:

  1. My family seems to think a fairy comes and does all that work here.

    ReplyDelete