Sunday, December 23, 2012

Random thoughts of 6 miles



I ran late morning today. I should have been in church, but one child had been running a fever for the last 3 days... including last night. We stayed home in anticipation of the second child coming down with a fever.... but so far, everyone is fever free for the day!

This week is a recovery week on the schedule. That means less miles are scheduled to give my legs a chance to heal and rest. I think there is some mental benefits to getting a break from constantly increasing the distance of the long runs. This weekend I "only" had 6 scheduled, versus 10 miles last week or 11 miles next.

Here are random thoughts from 6 miles....
Mile 1: It's quiet, there aren't even trains... oh yea, it's the Sunday morning before Christmas....  I'll be so happy when my legs warm up and stop feeling like lead.  I am so slow. Slower than everyone I know.... yes, I'm in total agreement with Tammy (conversation from yesterday) I need to run with faster runners to get faster. But that would be.... UNCOMFORTABLE. Stop whining and RUN.
Mile 2: Probably should have gone to church alone. Honestly, it's pretty spiritual doing this though. Quite certain this feeling of STRENGTH isn't just coming from me. Passing a friend's house and her mom's house. Praying for them.... all the things they have been through this year... health issues..... hometown hit by Hurricane Sandy.... Prayers for people traveling.. especially my parents, coming across the Appalachian mountains in snow today
Mile 3: What? I thought there was another street to cut through on the right, that's an alley not a street....
Mile 4: Church must be letting out, a lot more traffic. DON'T LOOK! Roadkill, dead squirrel. GROSS!
Mile 5: Running across deserted college campus. Wow. I didn't know anything when I was in college... oh, to go back and do it again with what I know now....
Mile 6: Dear Santa, I need new shoes. 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment