Friday, February 22, 2013

Awe.....


Yesterday we attended parent/teacher conferences. My daughter's 4th grade teacher shared samples of her writing from an exercise called writing prompts. The class is given a topic and then students must write about the topic. The following was my daughter's writing for "A special event that has happened in your life..."

     One special event that I was at was when my mom ran her first half-marathon, which was at a beach. It was special for my mom because running a half-marathon is a really big deal because of how long it is. It was was special for me because I was able to cheer for my mom.
     It was also special because two of my friend's moms were running the half-marathon too, so I got to spend time with them. We were staying at my friend's beach house, so we even got to sleep in the same room!
     But I think my favorite part was staying at the beach! We also got to spend the day at the beach and have my favorite seafood for dinner. I can't wait for my mom's next big race!

Yes, I cried a little when I read it. She's embarrassed that I'm posting it. It's my job to embarrass her a little.



1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet!!!

    And yes, as a mom, it is our job to embarrass them just a little!!

    ReplyDelete