Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sherry's Run

February 11, 2012
myself, Kimberly, and Amy

God of Light,
Creator of all that is good.
We thank you for this day.
We pray for Sherry's family, for those who love her, for all mothers, for all runners.
Remind us that a single, dark, heinous act does not have victory over us.
Love wins.
Let us all be mirrors that reflect Sherry's light and your love into the world,
 for the people who walked in darkness have seen a great light.
In Christ, Amen.
 
I read a running blog called Shut Up and Run. In January 2012 the author's cousin was kidnapped and killed in Montana while out on a solo run. This tragedy happened in her small town, 10 minuets into her run and about a mile from her house. A year ago a virtual run was held in Sherry's memory. I ran with my friends Kimberly and Amy. Today was the second annual virtual run in memory of Sherry. I began my solo run this morning praying the words above. My friend, Kimberly, wrote it last year.
 
 Click for a list of running safety tips. You need to scroll down toward the end. 
 
I have many thoughts swirling around in my head about the theme of doing things solo. They will need to wait for another post. I'm exhausted. After my 17 miles I took an ice bath, showered, got fancied up, and was off to a family Charity Ball. As in dance. I danced after 17 miles. I danced with friends who ran 19 and 20 miles earlier today. We rock. Our kids had a blast. The band rocked. I danced with my kids. I'm going to hurt tomorrow. I'm going to hurt a lot!



Lupus Foundation of America donations

 

No comments:

Post a Comment