Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Presidents Day!


It's President's Day which means the kids and I were home for work/school. That is good old Abe up there staring at you. There was recently a big movie about his life... you may have heard about it. The film has been nominated for twelve Academy Awards. My boss' husband was an extra in the movie. He was in the same room as Steven Spielberg.

Anyway, during my day off I menu planned and grocery shopped. We are eating real food this week. Tonight it's Avocado Salmon cakes from Runners World magazine. Never mind that I don't like avocados and I'm not big on fish. It's healthy dang it! The avocado is in a sauce which also has wasabi in it.
  That's what wasabi looks like. I used to think wasabi was a color. Apparently it's not exactly. The salmon cakes were a flop with the family. I'm giving myself an 'A' for my effort anyway.

Nutrition is big on my mind right now. Time is running short for getting things right for during the race. I've tried gummy bears, Clif Shot Bloks, Clif Shot Gel, and Gatorade. I didn't care for the gummies or Shot Bloks. Gatorade made me miserable. I can tolerate the Shot gel except it's so stinking sweet. bleh. Today I picked up some Nuun and now I see I got the wrong kind. I got the vitamin kind. Not the replace electrolytes kind. grr. I also got carb BOOM energy gel. It's what will be available on the course. Form a look at the ingredients it might be less sweet. It's flavored with real fruit. I'm open to trying anything. 

In other news....
The kids and I did a 1 mile walk/sprint to the Y today. Then we did a 1 mile on the track at the Y. While returning home the boy child declared his legs hurt and he needed an ice bath! It was hard not to laugh. I had to text a friend. That kind of funny material it too good to keep to yourself.

Finally, my brother in-law is now running the Shamrock 8k! He'll be great!

Lupus Foundation of America

No comments:

Post a Comment