Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bald Eagle

Last summer we drove across the country to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.



I think it must be one of the most beautiful places on earth.


We took a guided raft float trip down the Snake River. Our guide was very excited each time we saw a Bald Eagle. Rightfully so. They used to be endangered. My kids understand about endangered animals. But I kept thinking about how we can go right down the road to the James River (versus across the country) to see Bald Eagles. Not that we've ever seen one along the James. Only the baby chick nest on the web cam on the Internet last spring. 


Not our actual guide.
 
 
Also not our guide.
 
 
On Monday I realized we had a very large $$ amount Living Social deal for a restaurant along the James River which was going to expire on Tuesday. So in spite of the fact that I never intended to take the kids to that "sort of pricey" restaurant, we headed there anyway.
 
We dined by the river, 2 stories in the air.
We watched a Bald Eagle glide by and circle around.
Very cool.
I told the kids about how when I was their age they were on the endangered list and I didn't think my children would ever see one. They think I'm really old.   
 


Grand Teton Bald Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment