Monday, March 18, 2013

The Next Day...



I'm working (so far mostly a rough draft in my head) on a race report. I want to gather pictures other people took. But first a funny story about how small the world is....

Julie from Wisconsin has been following this blog from about the beginning. She is a fellow Shamrock marathoner and has trained during the Wisconsin winter weather. WOW.

There were 2991 finishers for the marathon. Think about how many family and friends came along to cheer and support.

I think there were 22 people wearing one of these shirts at the race. I know many had them hidden under layers of clothes because it was COLD!!! Three of my brave souled friends had them in clear view along the course. Just before mile 19, Julie from Wisconsin saw them and asked if they were with me. When I got to mile 19 they were so excited to tell me they met Julie from Wisconsin!! What a small world!!

Julie, I hope you had a great race. My friends said you looked strong. Safe travels to you on your way home!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a small world!!! Thats awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see them! I had been looking for you in the different sections where there was 2 way traffic but that didn't work. I don't know how I ever saw your family's shirts but I did! Seeing them gave me a little pep in my step & put a smile on my face. I love that they were there to give you their support on such a wonderful accomplishment. You are a strong woman! Congratulations Renee!

    ReplyDelete