Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fabulous Weekend!!!


It's been a great weekend! Saturday the kids and I hung out running errands, taking a hike and being together. We hit every Party City around (OK, there is one) grabbing up Shamrock stuff, I spent money on clothes for the kid who suddenly doesn't fit her clothes, we hit up a yard sale where one kid said, "yard sales have better stuff than Walmart," ran into a friend, found 3 awesome kids' books at Goodwill, and hiked around our little town. Not a bad day at all! Hubby has spent so much time being in charge of the little people that he had the day off yesterday.

Today I did my 8 miles. I started out forgetting to "respect the miles." In my head this was going to be a quick little run. yea. I had to work to correct my breathing at one point. My legs felt sluggish most of the time. Once I dug in and actually worked at it things improved. As hubby says, training is not a linear process!


"Hey, girl. It's not a linear process."
 
 
In other weekend news....
A friend announced on Facebook that after 4 years her Lupus is in remission!! WooHoo. That is encouraging!!
BIG thank you, thank you, thank you to my peeps who have donated. I thought about you all on my run today. It means a lot!!
 
Enjoy the last hours of your weekend!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that in one week, you will have crossed the finish line!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooo hard to believe!!!! I'm soo nervous!!

      Delete