Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!



My favorite Dr. Seuss quote. I've watched my son, who doesn't like change, struggle when fun things are over. When he was a toddler he didn't like to say goodbye to anyone. He's growing up and understanding the world better. I am too. I still don't like change much though. I love that Dr. Seuss' ideas are universal for children and adults alike.

This morning my family ran and I was their support. Well, I volunteered at the race. The Annual Tiger Trot 1/2 mile, 1 mile, and 5k were held at the kids' school. Proceeds benefit the schools' PTAs. The kids ran the 1 mile race and hubby ran the 5k. It was a good time in spite of being a chilly morning. The husband's knee has been bothering him (but improving) since the Love Rox 1/2. So his goal was to just participate and finish, which he did easily.


After the race I was feeling cold, tired, and lazy. I'm going to do my long run tomorrow. It's supposed to be slightly warmer. I need to do some running in my race "outfit." Today would have been cold for that. (Reality check: It was more about being cold and lazy.)

click for the Lupus Foundation of America

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renee,

    Would you be interested in hosting an online Scentsy party to add funds towards your Lupus fundraising goal? I would donate my entire commission towards your fundraising efforts on any sales made on your behalf. If you might be interested, take a look at my website and feel free to email me with any questions. http://pattykonis.scentsy.us

    ReplyDelete