Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day


We had a snow day today. Both school and my work were closed. The snow came down fast and furious at times. It's not all that cold so it's wet, heavy, and will be gone in a day or so. I didn't accomplish much of anything on my free day. Hubby sent me to the store at 7 am for bacon. I'm not even kidding. We eat it a handful of times during the year like Christmas, Spring Break, and once or twice over the summer. So I brought home the bacon and he fried it in a pan. heehee! I usually bake on snow days but the power flickered and I was worried about starting something I couldn't finish.  We kept power all day though. I ate too much and napped. I'm not sure I like tapering at all.
 
 
I've discovered that if the kids are bundled up well they stay outside for a long time. Never mind that they can't move much. The girl child eats her own weight in snow. The boy child follows her around throwing snow balls at her.


I'm starting to pack for the marathon weekend! It will be here soon! Shamrock on!

Don't forget about the Lupus Foundation!

4 comments:

  1. We had a snow day too!! We didn't get out and play though, we went out, but it had started raining by then, so no way I was gonna play in the rain!

    Yay for packing for the marathon!! I ran the half there last year, it was great!!! Lots of good swag!!!! The half course was mostly flat, which was nice, but my hamstrings paid for it since I live in an area full of hills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One reason I picked this course is because it is flat! I did the Flying Pirate Half last year on the OBX and had assumed it was flat when I signed up. The last 3 miles were NOT flat!! lol Oh, the pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finished the packing process and we hit the road tomorrow morning. Getting very excited! Best of luck to you on your marathon!

    ReplyDelete